Friday, October 14, 2016

The Neus Museum and The Pergamon Museum


She looked like this, you'll have to take my word for it because photography was not allowed in her room.  I'm sure you can google it :)



This is the bust of her husband, he didn't survive nearly as well as she did.



This is the bust of Akhenaten, Nefertiti's husband.  Photos were allowed here.  Just imagine her bust in a similar case in a similar niche.  She was lovely!









This is the Gate of Ishtar, the eighth gate to the city of Babylon commissioned by King Nebuchadnezzar the 2nd in 575BCE.  It was excavated in the early 1900's and moved in trunks to Germany where it was reassembled. 



















While I was in Berlin I also wanted to see a couple things that the children and I had studied in our Geography curriculum, so I headed to Museum Island where I stood in a very long line for glimpses at history.  It was so worth it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment