Thursday, July 13, 2017

My Orchid

I was given this beautiful orchid for Women's Day from our housekeeper D.  When she gave it to me it had blossoms on it.  I am a hopeless houseplant keeper, children, animals, garden plants all survive, houseplants sadly do not.  And an orchid, like the most difficult houseplant ever...I was visiting my friend M one day and asked her the secret to her beautiful orchid plants that all seemed to be in bloom...I thought I had read they were rather difficult to encourage to bloom and they usually only bloomed every couple of years...She chuckled and showed me the fake stem with fake blooms stuck in the pot.  My next trip to IKEA I got myself a fake orchid stem with blossoms.  I chose white.  Several days passed as I walked by this plant and then I realized there were buds and a bloom and they were not white!  I removed the fake stem and we'll enjoy the real ones while they last.  I still hold no hope for houseplants under my care, I am certain that D carefully tends this plant while I am not looking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment