Thursday, November 23, 2017

A Walk around Amsterdam





















































































Prostitution is legal in Amsterdam, The Netherlands?  I'm not sure.  Amsterdam has a "Red Light District" we did not go venture into that area.  I was taking a picture of the stained glass in the second story windows of this building.  There were fantastic art deco and other designs on some of the buildings.  After I took the photo R pointed out that the windows on the first floor were outlined in neon red, which doesn't show up in the photo.  Which is apparently where the "Red Light District" got its name.  You can even see the woman plying her trade.  I have many thoughts on this, but I will not share them here. 














I am not sure my children would have made it out of infancy had they been born in Amsterdam.  Can you see this woman has an infant in a front carrier WHILE she is riding her bike?!  
























No comments:

Post a Comment