Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fondue









One thing my children always want to know if we can do when they hear their cousins are coming for a visit is have fondue.  Since it is pretty much the only time I get the fondue pots out of the cupboard I always say yes.  It is so not hard, well at least the way we do it, I should certainly do it more often. . .My sisters and I decided long ago that 6, then 7, then 8 and finally 9 children are too many children around hot oil so, once upon a time we cooked chicken and beef and just dipped it in the cheese fondue, somewhere along the way that became chicken nuggets!  So in our cheese fondue we dip chicken nuggets, bread, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and apple slices.  For dessert we enjoy chocolate fondue with angel food cake, strawberries, pineapple, orange slices, apple slices and marshmallows, YUM!  Earlier in the day Mom, my sisters and I had gone thrift store shopping.  We all found some great bargains, even if we giggled too loudly in the dressing room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment