Sunday, August 12, 2012

MY DAD IS HOME!

After walking and hitchhiking over 1000 miles my Dad was picked up by a sheriff in Marion, McDowell County, North Carolina.  The sheriff used the initials and date inscribed inside his wedding ring to find him in a missing persons data base.  The sheriff contacted the NH State Police who then contacted my Mom.  My Mom and my sister were then able to drive and pick him up, when he saw the car go pass the window, he exclaimed that's my car.  When Mom came into the Sheriff's office, he said, "That's my wife!"  He has amnesia, but is remembering things bit by bit, a little bit a a time.  He is being treated for a concussion, but is healthy otherwise.  It has been wonderful to talk to him and hear his voice again.  We are so thankful for all of the support and prayers we have received from family, friends and strangers!  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! We have been prayng for all of you. We were so concerned about you. What a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete