Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Busy Sunday



This street is wide and busy and cars come through here at great speed.  There used to be just a cross walk and every week headed to and from church we felt as if we were taking a great risk crossing the street.  We must not have been alone in our feelings, as there is now a stoplight and street crossing sign!


Window Washing ~ Another sign of spring!



Celebrating 80 years of the Moscow Metro
















The flower shop where we tried to buy flowers for after our friend's recital.  Many of the flower shops I've been in had ready made bouquets and buckets to chose flowers from and since I can count and point I thought I'd be ok.  But, in this shop every flower I indicated the storekeeper told me nyet, until the very last little scraggly bunch of daisies.  She wrapped them and tied them and our little friend was delighted because she thought they were chamomile, Russia's national flower, I think she was just being kind :)




The Theater were we went to see our friend dance.

After church we went to lunch with R before R the driver picked him up to head to the airport.  Then we headed across town to help a friend celebrate her graduation and then watch another friend's dance recital.  

No comments:

Post a Comment