Saturday, February 12, 2011

We walked




through the Financial District to The Embarcadero Center for sushi at Ozumos.  It was a beautiful night for a walk through a lovely city.  We started with edamame, yum!  R, B and J all love sushi, I've eaten California rolls before but I'm not kidding myself I know the crab in them is cooked!  But, tonight was the night for me to eat real sushi, I ate it and I liked it!  The first piece I'm not sure I actually tasted as I swallowed pretty quickly but it gave me confidence and helped me realize I was not going to have to run to the bathroom.  You can bet that I knew exactly where it was though!  Even the California roll in this place had sushi on top!  I don't remember all the things we ate but I will say I was not fond of the roe, that was salty and fishy.  We topped it all off with dark chocolate fondue.  The restaurant was beautiful inside and had a wonderful view of the Bay Bridge.  After we ate we walked down to the waterfront and then caught a cab.  The cabbie dropped us off at the Drake where we rode the elevator to the 21st floor.  But, the door would not open!  So we rode the elevator back to the lobby and asked at the desk only to find out that The Starlight Lounge is not open on Sunday nights.  The concierge kindly referred us to the Grand Hyatt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment