Saturday, June 2, 2012

Not everyone can say they've raised piglets in their bathroom!




Fortunately, Ribs gave her piglets the best start in life with her colostrum, she nursed them well until she died.  I think we may have a had a very different outcome if they had not gotten her first milk.  Unfortunately, she lay or stepped on one of the piglets, so we are down to three.  Their names are Bacon(the pink one), Chorizo (the bigger blue butt) and Mini Chorizo ( the smaller blue butt).  Although Mini Chorizo goes by the name MC _Can't Touch This_ Hammer when R or I are talking to or about him.  They spent their first week and a half in the bathroom while I and the children bottle fed them every 3-4 hours.  Because I nursed all of my children I never spent this much time making bottles, heating bottles, cleaning bottles, feeding bottles and watching the clock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment