Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Jolly Green Giant Billboard, Le Sueur MN

A familiar landmark on the trek between Minneapolis and New Ulm is the Jolly Green Giant billboard.  As I was checking the location, a web page popped up for a 55 foot tall Jolly Green Giant statue, with stairs so visitors can take pictures of themselves standing underneath him, in Blue Earth MN.  How did I not know that?  I've been to and near Blue Earth, we lived an hour from there for three years. . .I love to seek out quirky roadside attractions.  Somehow, I feel as though I have failed.  But, you can bet if we are anywhere near Blue Earth again we'll be stopping by to get a picture _right underneath_ the Jolly Green Giant!  I will add it to my photos of my children with a giant ear of corn, a giant pheasant and Paul Bunyan and Babe the Giant Blue Ox.

No comments:

Post a Comment