Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Vestal NY and Vestal Senior High Class of 1985 30th Reunion

Our old home on Rt. 26

When I lived here there was a gas station on one corner and a home on the other, now, there is a gas station, a body shop, a mosque and an Indian Cultural Center.

Rural Vestal gets multicultural...

This assisted living and rehab center is located where Vestal used to dump the snow...

My friend A's old home

Glenwood Elementary School



Used to be a Giant Market

Vestal United Methodist Church where R and I got married!


Where we went to 9th grade.

Vestal Memorial Pool ~ I spent many summers here guarding and teaching.








The baseball fields were up around this corner.  I recall one night at play practice looking out over the city lights and talking to R about our grandchildren.

The swimming pool door, in front of which I was introduced to R the first time.






Sugarman's Parking Lot ~ this may be where R and I fell in love...we had eaten at a restaurant nearby, the Bryan Adam's song Heaven came on and the rest they say is history.


Speidi salad


Cup Sundaes, just as good as I remember.


Never got my camera out at the Saturday night event, but I did manage to grab some photos Sunday morning at Panera Bread!







Arnold Park

How many Friday nights did we spend here?


In the Philly airport I had some time before my flight, what to eat? A Philly cheesesteak and a local rootbeer, yum.
Saturday morning I caught an early flight to Philadelphia.  My friend A is living nearby and she thought it would be a god idea to drive up together, it was!  A picked me up and we talked all the way to Vestal where we drove around, ate local delicacies, and took some photos of our old haunts.  Saturday night we enjoyed the reunion even though I neglected to take any photos.  Sunday morning we met some of our classmates at Panera for some more catching up, we talked for hours.  Then Phil's famous chicken before heading back to Philadelphia.  And a cheesesteak at the airport, yum.  It had been about 21 years since I've been in Vestal and about 18 years since I had seen my friend A, too long!  Looking forward to our 35th ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment