Saturday, June 22, 2013

In the Air


That white dot is a ship!

Another ship.
















The white dots on the coast are wind turbines.  We flew over tons of wind turbines.  






It is about 1400 miles from Moscow Russia to Brussels Belgium, the flight took about 3 hours.  From the map I found in the back of the seat pocket and one I looked at on the internet, it looked as if we'd be over land the whole trip.  When the flight attendant did the safety talk, they spoke of life vests under our seats and ditching over water.  Interesting translation. . .I think I'd have used emergency landing over water or unexpected landing over water but they went with ditching.  And when I looked out my window from about halfway through our flight I could see water, and it was big water at first, with no land visible.  I had no way of asking a flight attendant or another passenger what I was observing though as most were Russian speaking.  So, the large body of water we passed over was probably the Baltic Sea or the North Sea.  Then later we could see coastline, so I am guessing we then passed over Germany or Netherlands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment