Friday, August 31, 2018

Dinner at Shipwreck





























Gramma and Grampa J arrived as did the T girls.  Thought it would be fun to go across the lake by boat and have supper.  We did and it was!  Gramma took the bottom six photos on her phone.  I've not been great about taking photos since I've arrived in SD...too busy, too distracted, too in the moment, I'm not sure but I sure am glad someone was taking pics too!

Though we had enjoyed several meals together by this point this is the first time I took a picture of K's friend A.

I'd never seen the swans before.  The waitress says she's seen them several times this summer.  They came right up to us, no fear, and expected I think to be fed.  We saw them the next time we went to Shipwreck as well.  I kept meaning to look them up and see if they were local, migrating, lost or had escaped from someone's collection.  But, I forgot or got busy or something.  I spoke with our photographer the day he dropped off the thumb drive of the pics.  He had taken some pics of them as well, so I asked him what he knew of them, no, not local, not a bit!  Nor, are they migrating or lost.  I'm guessing they had escaped from someone's collection as they are Australian Black Swans.

No comments:

Post a Comment