Friday, August 31, 2018

My Kids

I love them all so much and I am so proud of them. 

Much earlier in the summer when I asked for requests and both boys requested Duplin County Blueberry Lemon pie they also requested Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.  I said alas, it was no longer rhubarb season and I hadn't seen any in the store or the farmers' market. And I had none left in my freezer.  Someday I'll have my own patch but for this year there would be no strawberry rhubarb pie or crisp.  K's friend A to the rescue, evidently she had a rhubarb patch and would bring me some.  Sunday afternoon between the leavings and the arrival of the B family I made a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and a Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp.  After we ate supper with the B family and they left we took dessert over to the cottage.  I think B was rather pleased he was still in town as he hadn't had rhubarb in a while either.  It just so happens that rhubarb is a favorite of Rs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment