Thursday, July 14, 2011

The last animal we visted with at the zoo was this beautiful



peacock!  When we got into the Delbridge Museum, zoo store and bathrooms, G, my mother in law had a phone call from R.  My car was in the shop to get a new fuel pump and so I had dropped him off at work and we planned to pick him up after the zoo.  I had left my phone in the car and had several messages from R.  He was calling to tell us not to come pick him up, the storms had turned severe and straight line winds had done a lot of damage in Flandreau.  There were semis overturned on I 29 and he wasn't even sure we could get to him.  We ran to the grocery store hearing bits and pieces of storm damage reports.  His next call was to tell me that he had been loaned a car and would see us at home.  I think both of us were a bit nervous about what we might find at home.  When we arrived we were relieved to find that we had only had rain and wind - small branch damaging wind at our home.  The storm had brought hail and wind damage to several small communities across South Eastern South Dakota.  Across the border, in MN, the storm had produced several tornadoes.  Thankfully there were no lives lost that day.  Our prayers go out to those affected by the storms.    

No comments:

Post a Comment