Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Master Bathroom

The front fixture is a bidet, no, it is not getting any use.  The towels are hanging on a heated towel rack, this fixture is getting use.  

See the hot steam/water heating element? Each room has one.  Roger tells a story of his friend Andy when he first moved here trying to lower the heat coming form it and breaking the knob and having hot water/steam escape onto the floor.  Roger also tells a story of his apartment manager on his second stay telling him to ask her if he needed the heat adjusted as it could be done in the mechanical room.  So in light of these stories I asked E, R's translator if she would talk to the building manager for me about it being too hot in our apartment.  The first couple of days I had windows open.  She did and one of the security men came up, somewhere something was lost in translation because he went to one of the heating elements touched it and pantomimed that it was working.  I then pantomimed that I was too hot.  A look of understanding came over his face and he showed me how to turn the knob on each element to lower the output of heat.  It is much more comfortable now and I've not had to open any more windows!  


When this light is on at night it kinda looks like stars and is functioning as a nightlight.  I might look for a light like this when I next remodel a bathroom or bedroom.  

The bathroom is lovely and well appointed.  The floors and some walls are tile, the counter is marble.  The tub and the shower have jets.  The blinds have the ombre look as they go from the light tile color all the way to the dark tile color.  Oh, and the tile floor, it is heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment