Friday, June 27, 2014

Paris Streets and Eats




The restroom at the Haagen Dazs Shop.



My friend J and I talked about our upcoming visit to France while we were in SD.  One of the items that we discussed was food and that fact that Paris was known for its food but that in recent times much of the restaurant food instead of being made in house was out sourced.  I told her I keep an eye out on the menus to see if it was noted whether the  food was all made in house or brought in.  Because we don't speak French we would ask for and get an English menu.  The food was translated but not all the information on the menu was.  So, the notation may have indeed been there and I was not aware.  There was a delicious scent of bread baking EVERYWHERE, but I can't say whether the bread was baked in the shop we ate at or nearby.  I will say that all of the bread and pastries, I ate was yummy!  There was one shop that I noticed had a sign proclaiming that all the ingredients were local.  And the raspberry and lemon sorbet, double scoop on a sugar cone, we had there was delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment