Friday, June 6, 2014

Trip to Baltic








When the children went out to play they came inside with ticks, yuck!  Not just one or two and not just once or twice but lots and everytime.  SD had a hard winter so what's is up?  Having used guineas as tick control before but not having the time to raise them I asked several friends with farms if anyone had any grown up guineas for sale.  Sure enough a friend had two they would part with.  I went out to their place when the birds were going into the henhouse and our friend D caught them for me. They traveled home in a dog crate in the trunk of the rental car and slept in the garden shed.  My plan is to keep them in the kennel for a day or two so they know where their new home is and then let them loose on the ticks!  It was a beautiful sunset and moonrise on my way to Baltic.

No comments:

Post a Comment