Friday, January 24, 2014

Boston Creme Pie


For years now I have been celebrating my birthday with a Boston Creme Pie, in times past and locations past I could find a frozen one at the grocery store and it was good.  But, one year my friend A made one for me and it was SO good.  Then the next time my birthday rolled around I couldn't find a frozen one so I made one, and the next year and the next.  This year I printed the recipe off the internet with some changes from standard to metric, made some substitutions and made the pie section.  But, I didn't have a round cake pan and my pie got stuck and crumbled.  Couldn't be put back together again.  Fortunately, I had a vanilla cake mix in the cupboard, so I made another pie layer, this time in my cheese cake pan so I could remove it without it crumbling.  When it was cool I split the pie layer with the bread knife, poured on the creme layer, replaced the second pie layer and poured the chocolate (it could have been a little thicker. . .) over it all.  Oh, yeah I forgot to buy candles so there were none, but everyone sang Happy Birthday to me!  And I got a sewing machine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment