Friday, September 12, 2014

Botanischer Garten der Universitat



















My friend P, tasked me with seeing edelweiss when I was in Switzerland.  A quick google search told me that while it was still in bloom we were not likely to be in an area where it grows wild.  Botanical Garden to the rescue!  Three lovely gardeners made sure I found the edelweiss, thank you for your hospitality Switzerland!















The lovely gardeners!




My favorite part of this garden was the display showing the plants and flowers in the architecture of the Basel Munster and then locating them in the garden!  A large sign was located at the entrance to the garden.

Scattered throughout the garden were smaller signs, they showed the location of the plant on the Munster, a photograph of the stone carving and a line drawing of the plant, along with the names.

The smaller sign was next to the plant!


No comments:

Post a Comment