Saturday, May 4, 2013

Gingerbread

I had a craving for gingerbread ever since we had that regional gingerbread.  The challenge was I couldn't find powdered ginger in the baking section of the grocery store.  I did find fresh ginger root in the market, so I bought some.  I inquired of a friend of mine if she had ever made gingerbread with fresh ginger root, she had not, but, another friend found me several recipes, one of which I had all the ingredients for.  Sometimes I like whipped creme with my gingerbread, sometimes I like lemon pudding with my gingerbread and sometimes I like applesauce with my gingerbread.  I had not thought ahead to purchase heavy cream, I knew the grocery store did not have any pudding mixes nor do they have lemon extract here, but I did have some past their prime apples. . .so applesauce it was.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment