Friday, May 31, 2013

Package!

The mailman delivers a note like this when we have a package that needs to be picked up.

I walk to our local post office branch, and see another mailbox.

The post office is located in this "strip" mall.


Walking home I can small and see lilacs!



The children with their coveted package!
Mail is challenging in Russia.  I have read several newspaper articles of the backlog of packages that exists at the local airport.  One article called for an embargo on further imports until something is done about the 432 tons of international packages sitting at the Sheremetyevo Airport.  We have received about five letters and two packages, both Valentines, one from the V family and the other from Aunt D and the boys.  Yes, I said Valentines, so they arrived months after they were sent.  Please do not send anything expensive or sentimental to us.  My experience at the post office was surprisingly pleasant.  The postal clerk that helped me spoke Russian, English and German, at least.  And told me that he worked daily and would be happy to help me mail or receive anything!  

No comments:

Post a Comment