Friday, March 7, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day 2014!


Came home late from a business trip, still found me roses!  Love you R!


Thanks V Family for this sweet Valentine treat!





Valentine's Display in our mall window.

Thanks Pinterest for the Valentine ideas!


Felt hearts from IKEA

and felted hearts from my mom!

Celtic heart knot made by H.

Window display in one of our favorite Japanese restaurants.
Valentine's Day is not really a thing in Russia, although there were some heart shaped boxes of candy and a few displays in store windows.  I saw a few decorations available for purchase in a couple of small shops and IKEA had several heart themed things available.  Despite my sharing the history of Valentine's Day R thinks it is a commercial holiday made up by the card and candy factories and he doesn't feel he needs a "made up" holiday to tell me he loves me.  He's right, he tells me and shows me daily, but it made me cry when he brought me flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment