Monday, March 24, 2014

Moscow: City of Contrasts

Add caption















I took a photography class one Friday afternoon, my schedule conflicted with the second session, but the first class was very helpful.  I've had my camera for several years and I've yet to read the whole manual, let alone the camera and photography books I bought to go along with it.  Nor, have I ever moved the dial off of automatic.  Our instructor gave us two questions to answer:  what makes a good photograph and what kind of photography do you like to do?  As I read about and ponder these questions, I just find more questions.  I would like to work on my photography skills, but just as I start I have run into a problem with my camera. . .the shutter will not always depress allowing me to take a photo. If I fiddle with it awhile I can usually get it to snap a photo but walking with my camera and just being to snap a photo is not happening.  Nor are my children very patient while waiting for the camera to decide if it is going to work or not.  If I weren't in Russia I would have already been to a repair shop and either had it repaired or replaced it.   Finding a camera shop and hoping that the proprietor speaks English has been beyond my comfort zone as of yet.

The day we met we practiced with the settings on our camera and then set out to a park to take some photos to illustrate the theme:  Moscow:  City of Contrasts.  I think it is a good theme for photos as well as life in Moscow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment